Friday, October 8, 2010

Things I can't live without

I used to play a game with my coworkers at Aveda when I worked there. The game was what high-priced Aveda items can I not live without when I no longer work here and no longer get the amazing discount.

So, I no longer work there and I have discovered that although I love everything Aveda, there are a few things that I am willing to splurge on despite the lack of a discount because I have not found anything that works better.



I really can't use anything but Aveda's Color Conserve Shampoo and Conditioner. I have very fine hair which I color frequently and no other conditioner detangles, moisturizes and protects like Color Conserve. If you know Aveda, then you are familiar with their fair trade, plant-based products. I also can never go back to other scents. Color Conserve has lavender, peppermint and ylang ylang. The 8.5 ounce bottle of shampoo is $15 and the 6.7 ounce conditioner also retails at $15.


I am a big fan of exfoliation and have tried many body scrubs. Either they smell too artificial, don't exfoliate enough or are too oily. Caribbean Therapy Body Scrub is made with salt, cane sugar, coconut and passionfruit oils.  I use my mango wood spoon to stir the juicy concoction, take a big spoonful and rub it all over. There is no need to moisturize after. Nothing leaves my skin softer. 15.8 ounces sell for $39.50. All available at Aveda.com.

There are a few more items I can't live without, but I'll save that for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there gabbyblogger...I love the review of your body scrub but it is out of my budget at present. Any others that you know of that are less pricey? I know that Trader Joe's has a lavender scented sea salt body scrub that I like, however it leaves the entire tub as greasy as an oil slick every time that I use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything I have ever tried is awful. I have tried natural ones and you will break a hip sliding from the grease after you shower. I tried Philosophy and that didn't work as the smell was awful and it wasn't course enough.

    I will try a few things in a lower price range and let you know. All I can say is this stuff is worth it, but as it is expensive I don't use it every day like I used to when I worked at Aveda.

    If I discover something almost as good, but cheaper I will post it for you.

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete