Sunday, October 10, 2010

Black magic

Big, thick, long lashes make eyes look brighter, bigger and sexier, but few are born with them. Most of us look for a wand dipped in black magic and hope it thickens eyelashes without globs and clumps.
I have long given up on my quest of finding the perfect mascara. As far as I'm concerned mascara needs to 1. make my lashes thicker and darker; 2. not clump, and 3. work the same half way down the tube as it did fresh from the package.
I have tried many mascaras and I have no real loyalty to any. However there are two I like right now a lot better than the rest.
Benefit's Bad Gal Lash, $19 at sephora.com, has a big brush which thickens my lashes and never clumps. Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara, $20 at QVC.com, fulfills my criteria for a good mascara. My tube is almost empty and it coats my lashes as well as it did when I first opened it. A post about mascara would not be complete without a mention of Maybelline's Great Lash which runs about $5 at drugstores and does the job without any fireworks. This iconic mascara always gets readers' choice awards in beauty mags.
I always curl my lashes and then apply two coats to my top lashes only. I move the wand sideways at the base and pull it up to the tips. If I'm going out I apply an extra bit on the lashes at the outer corner, and ta da - my eyes look bigger and more awake, just like magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment